INTRODUCTION TO NUTRITIONAL PSYCHIATRY WORKSHOP
|Registrations for this event are now closed.|
Registrations for this event are now closed.
19 October 2022
Vienna (Austria); Austria Center Vienna (ACV)
This workshop is being held the day after the ECNP Congress at the same venue
A joint effort between ECNP nutrition network, the Food & Mood Centre, and the International Society for Nutritional Psychiatry Research (ISNPR):
A full day workshop that will provide an introductory knowledge of the nascent but transformative field of Nutritional Psychiatry.
Learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the field to have a “state of the art” view of the links between diet and mental and brain health.
- REVIEW THE LATEST EVIDENCE IN NUTRITIONAL PSYCHIATRY, NEUROINFLAMMATION, EPIGENETICS, AND GUT MICROBIOME
- EXAMINE THE USE OF NUTRACEUITICALS AND DIETARY INTERVENTIONS IN PSYCHIATRY
- BUILD PRACTICAL SKILLS IN APPLICATION
WHO WILL YOU LEARN WITH?
This workshop will be co-chaired by Dr Tetyana Rocks and Dr Aniko Korosi
- Dr Aniko Korosi Associate Professor at University of Amsterdam, working on nutritional strategies to mitigate effects of (early-life) stress; member of ECNP Nutrition network
- Professor Felice Jacka (EBBS Supported Speaker) Professor Jacka is Director of the Food & Mood Centre at Deakin University, founder and president of the International Society for Nutritional Psychiatry Research (INSPR), and a highly-cited researcher (2020 and 2021). She is internationally recognised as a global leader in the field of Nutritional Psychiatry.
- Dr Tetyana Rocks is a research fellow who leads the translational activities within the Food & Mood Centre. Dr Rocks is an accredited dietitian with extensive experience in professional education.
- Dr Wolfgang Marx is a senior research fellow and head of the nutraceutical research stream at the Food & Mood Centre. Dr Marx has a background in dietetics, with extensive research experience in use of nutraceutical interventions for cognitive and mental health-related outcomes.
- Megan Pilon is an associate research fellow and provisional psychologist who works in behaviour change.
- Dr Francesca Cirulli is a group leader at the Italian Institute of Public Health. Investigating biological pathways involved in the effects of diet and lifestyle to be exploited as novel targets for prevention and promotion of mental health; member of the ECNP nutrition network
- Prof John Cryan Professor & Chair, Dept. of Anatomy & Neuroscience, University College Cork. His research focuses on understanding the interaction between brain, gut & microbiome and how it applies to stress and psychiatric disorders. Chair, Scientific Programme Committee (35,36th and 37thECNP congress) and member of the ECNP nutrition network
- Prof Louise Dye Professor of Nutrition and Behaviour in the University of Leeds, focusing on Nutrition and Cognitive Function across the lifespan; member of the ECNP nutrition network
Proudly Supported By: